Hi. I’m Doctor Allison Lesko. When my patients get mouth sores, I guide them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food—plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s boring, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Only eat dishes served at room temperature or chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can avoid the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the North Laramie area, consider my practice, The Fort Collins Dentist Family & Implant Dentistry. We have been serving Fort Collins since 2016.
Contact The Fort Collins Dentist Family & Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):